Cameron General Contractors and Resort Lifestyle Communities (RLC), our sister company, are in business to develop, design, construct and manage independent living (IL) retirement projects throughout the United States. We control the site selection, design, construction methods and sequencing of each of our projects. Our Site Superintendents are familiar with the construction process through repetition. Site Project Managers understand RLC buildings and the sequencing and scheduling processes required to meet the quality and time frames needed to complete a successful project. We have a predictable billing and payment process. We make decisions quickly to keep the project moving forward.
This position is responsible for coordinating and managing all necessary resources throughout the entire construction project from biding, contract administration, start-up through closeout and will be responsible for ensuring that the owner's expectations and budgetary guidelines are met for 25 million dollar projects. The Site Superintendent’s primary responsibilities include solving unexpected events, maintaining general performance and overall progress of the project.
Here’s what makes this position unique:
- Some knowledge of architectural drawings; electrical, HVAC, plumbing, fire sprinkler system schematics; site plans; topography; grading and paving elevations; utilities and landscaping plans.
- Ability to communicate with governmental authorities, including: obtaining inspections, including assisting in the time it takes to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy.
- Ability to evaluate, implement and communicate the necessity for the highest construction quality standards.
- Ability to operate a forklift with up to a 45’ reach, skid loader and any other required large machinery.
- Ability to physically lift and maneuver large objects including: appliances, furniture and commercial kitchen equipment.
- Ability to understand and implement a safety program conforming to OSHA requirements.
- Ability to use a computer and software; including accessing the internet to the home office server.
- Plan and direct all site operations to meet quality standards and scheduling requirements.
- Be an active and effective leader of the jobsite construction team.
- Represent the company to the owner, architect, subcontractors, vendors and government authorities.
Here’s what we are looking for in the right candidate:
- Excellent business judgment, a strong work ethic, demonstrate a sense of urgency, be organized and detail oriented, self-motivated, have outstanding problem solving skills, be team players, have excellent communication and diplomatic skills along with an ability to handle and resolve conflict in a fair but firm manner
- 15 + years’ experience in all phases of construction
- Minimum 5 years as Site Superintendent running large-scale commercial projects
- Four year degree in construction related field not required but a plus
- Position requires relocation. Project durations range from 12 -14 months