Cameron General Contractors and Resort Lifestyle Communities (RLC), our sister company, are in business to develop, design, construct and manage independent living (IL) retirement projects throughout the United States. We control the site selection, design, construction methods and sequencing of each of our projects. Our Site Superintendents are familiar with the construction process through repetition. Site Superintendents understand RLC buildings and the sequencing and scheduling processes required to meet the quality and time frames needed to complete a successful project. We have a predictable billing and payment process. We make decisions quickly to keep the project moving forward.
The successful Site Superintendent needs excellent business judgment, a strong work ethic, demonstrate a sense of urgency, be organized and detail oriented, self-motivated, have outstanding problem solving skills, be team players, have excellent communication and diplomatic skills along with an ability to handle and resolve conflict in a fair but firm manner
- This position is responsible for coordinating and managing all necessary resources throughout the entire construction project from biding, contract administration, start-up through closeout and will be responsible for ensuring that the owner's expectations and budgetary guidelines are met for 20 million dollar projects.
- The Site Superintendent’s primary responsibilities include solving unexpected events, maintaining general performance and overall progress of the project.
- Some knowledge of architectural drawings; electrical, HVAC, plumbing, fire sprinkler system schematics; site plans; topography; grading and paving elevations; utilities and landscaping plans.
- Ability to communicate with governmental authorities, including: obtaining inspections, including assisting in the time it takes to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy.
- Ability to evaluate, implement and communicate the necessity for the highest construction quality standards.
- Ability to operate a forklift with up to a 45’ reach, skid loader and any other required large machinery.
- Ability to physically lift and maneuver large objects including: appliances, furniture and commercial kitchen equipment.
- Ability to understand and implement a safety program conforming to OSHA requirements.
- Ability to use a computer and software; including accessing the internet to the home office server.
- Plan and direct all site operations to meet quality standards and scheduling requirements.
- Be an active and effective leader of the jobsite construction team.
- Represent the company to the owner, architect, subcontractors, vendors and government authorities.
Quality Assurance – Maintain job quality. Communicate with subcontractors required quality standards. Inspect materials arriving on job sites. Verify count and quality and reject material not conforming
Financial management - Obtain bids. Enter into contracts. Monitor actual vs. budgeted costs.
Maintain a Clean Job Site at All Times– Maintain a clean and organized job site. Job site should be cleaned of waste debris on a daily basis. Enforce provision in subcontractors agreements that mandate all workers clean up waste debris after each working day.
Safety Program – Help police Cameron General Contractor’s safety program and verify safety program of subcontractors.
- Standing or walking is necessary during 75 percent of the work day. The ability to work in mud, snow and ice, and walk on uneven ground.
- Climbing stairs, usually more than one flight, or ladders must be done on a regular basis.
- Lifting or maneuvering heavy objects. Appliances, furniture, etc are required to be hoisted into the building and set in place. Twisting, bending and lifting with the legs, arms and back will be required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 15 + years’ experience in all phases of construction.
- Minimum 5 years as Site Superintendent running large-scale commercial projects.
- Four year degree in construction related field not required but a plus.
- Position requires relocation. Project durations range from 12 -14 months.